Sunday, February 26, 2017

Wikipedia Trail: From Sun Wukong to He Xiangu



I started off my Wikipedia Trail on Sun Wukong because I read the Monkey King this week. I liked reading this page because it gave a synopsis of what I had just read. It would have helped to check this out before my readings. One of my favorite parts was when he at the Peaches of Immortality so I went to this page next. I did not know that in the Chinese culture peaches are commonly used to display immortality in art. At the end of the page I selected the Eight Immortals as my next Wikipedia page. These people are included in Chinese mythology and are capable of bestowing life and destroying evil. These remind me of the Greek gods. I wanted to learn about them individually so I picked on the first person named He Xiangu. She is actually the only female in these Eight Immortals. She possesses a lotus flower that restores health, mentally and physically. 

Wikipedia: Eight Immortals

No comments:

Post a Comment