Monday, February 6, 2017

Reading Notes Part B: The Seven Voyages of Sinbad the Sailor

Below is a continuation of The Seven Voyages of Sinbad the Sailor:

  • I am glad that he now owns his own ship and is going on his own adventures.
  • I find it funny that he has such terrible luck to begin all of these journeys. I think it would be funny to tell a story of someone like him who is always happy-go-lucky even though he faces all of these insane situations.
  • It would be interesting to write a story where he has to fight off these large birds (rocs). Also, the fact that his story intertwines with the man from the Old Man and the Sea is neat. I could try and connect his story to that of another book.
  • Once again, Sinbad comes out on top. I would consider writing this in a modern approach instead of the time period that is being described.
  • I found the six voyage to be my least favorite with not much going on. The only thing I would consider writing about is him befriending a King.
  • I like how the elephants do not kill him but instead tell him to take ivory from the elephant’s graveyard.
  • I am glad that he know wants to just stay home and tell his stories. I may include a singular person telling stories to a person in a tavern or something of that nature.
The Arabian Nights' Entertainments. Written by Andrew Lang and Illustrated by H.J. Ford. 1898. 


No comments:

Post a Comment