Sunday, February 19, 2017

Wikipedia Trail: From Buddha to the Nepalese Royal Massacre

I started my Wikipedia Trail on Gautama Buddha since I read the Life of Buddha this past week. I wanted to learn more about him since I knew very little before this reading. I ended up choosing to click on Suddhodana next because I was curious to see what happened to Siddhartha’s son after his departure. I learned that he ended up seeing him one more time just before Suddhodana died. Next, I clicked on Nepal because that is where they were from. I ended up reading about some of Nepal’s history, specifically about the Kingdom of Nepal. This time period ran from 1768 all the way until 2008. One major incident that struck my interest was in June 2001 the King and Queen were massacred. This was known as the Nepalese Royal Massacre. The Prince Dipendra was the perpetrator that killed his parents and other family members.
Buddha in Sarnath Museum (Dhammajak Mutra).jpg
Wikipdeia

No comments:

Post a Comment