Thursday, February 9, 2017

Feedback Focus



I really liked the first technique of reading out loud in order to stay focused when reading another person's story. I use this quite often as it allows me to really hear what I am writing and it helps me fix certain grammatical errors. It is easy to notice run on sentences or when I accidentally use the wrong tense. I have not actually done the second technique of copy and deleting certain paragraphs of a story before. This was actually a surprise on how much this helped me understand the stories that I read. I am the type of reader that speeds reads and skips over details when I noticed the paper is long. This will allow me to focus in on the each individual paragraph in order to give detailed feedback. I do not know if I will use the third technique as much as the above two. It is not that I do not think it will help but I feel that the above two techniques are superior.

Another technique that I really like is allowing for a time period between when your write a story and when you read over it. I usually write a paper and come back to it the next day before I turn it in. This allows me to stay fresh and not look over the same mistakes over and over. I could utilize this one reading another person's story by reading it twice with a day in between readings.

Overall, I will continue to use reading out loud and the copy/paste option when peer reviewing other students projects.
Laura Gibbs

No comments:

Post a Comment