Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Wikipedia Trail: From Brer Rabbit to Abraham Lincoln



I started my Wikipedia Trail on Brer Rabbit since I ended up reading this story this week. Brer Rabbit is considered a trickster hero who has foes of Brer Fox and Brer Wolf. My favorite story I read was of Tar-Baby where he is almost tricked into getting stuck onto a Tar-Baby by Brer Fox. He was created by Joel Chandler Harris so I went to his page next. Harris was a journalist and fiction writer during the late 1800’s and early 1900’s. One of the most influential pieces to him writing these stories was Uncle Tom’s Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe. This book was written in 1852 and focused on the typical stereotypes African Americans faced in pre-Civil War America. Next, I chose AbrahamLincoln because I find him to be one of my favorite presidents. He was born in Kentucky in 1809 and passed in 1865 as the 16th president.
Middle aged clean shaven Lincoln from the hips up.
Wikipedia: Young Abraham Lincoln

No comments:

Post a Comment