Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Reading Notes Part B: Brer Rabbit

Below is a continuation of my reading notes for Brer Rabbit:

  • This entire story is based off of deception between the animals. I wonder if the Fox will actually be tricked so bad that he dies. Also, I really liked the accents in this story specifically.
  • The fisherman story shows just how clever the Brer Rabbit is. I would love to write the story in reverse though where the Fox actually wins.
  • The rabbit really put the Bear into an awful situation. This was the first story that I felt the Rabbit was the bad guy because the Bear was getting into a ton of trouble by the Fox. I find the personality differences between all of the animals to really display how great of a conflict they are in these short stories. At the same time, it is very laid back which I like.
  • I like how the turtle displayed his intelligence by getting everyone to believe he was actually the strongest. I think it would be a great story to tell where someone finds out and the turtle has to actually show his strength (which isn’t a lot).
  • I really liked the biblical influences in the last two stories. I really enjoyed all of the Proverbs in the last story just like in yesterday’s readings.
Uncle Remus: His Songs and His Sayings. Written by Joel Chandler Harris. 1881.



No comments:

Post a Comment