Sunday, February 19, 2017

Famous Last Words

This Course:
This week I really actually enjoyed the reading that I chose. I ended up reading about the Life of Buddha. I read both of the stories and loved how Buddha escaped riches in order to understand the importance of life. My favorite writing this week was my story. I ended up changing the original story to where it was modern instead of during an older period. In addition, I am looking forward to reading a story next week about Asian or African stories. I am planning on choosing to read the Monkey King and or one of the African Tales. I also really enjoyed reading the story written by Ellie Voss. She is aspiring to be an author so she really wrote a great story. Next week, I will try and write a story in the format of her story. I sometimes write to long of paragraphs so I will try and shorten them. My other courses have picked up and I took my first test this week. I thought I did well enough but there were a few questions I did not fully know. I hope to get my exam grade back soon! In addition, I feel that my government class is going by a lot easier because of this course. I am able to write better and easier due to the volume of writings in this course.

Outside of Class:
This past week I ended up going to Houston for an Oil & Gas conference this past week. It was a great way to network and I had a fun time looking at all of the potential prospects in the oil industry right now. I was also able to run by the office of the company I am interviewing with in March. Also, I was able to celebrate my birthday with my dad and brother-in-law at a nice steakhouse in Houston. It was delicious!
Image result for nape expo
NAPE
Overall, it was a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment