Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Week 2 Famous Last Words

This past week has been very good in terms of school and outside of school. In this course, I ended up reading Homer’s Illiad and I was not disappointed. I felt that the story was very well written and very entertaining. My favorite part of the story was the battle between Hector and Achilles, however, I wish Hector would have won the battle! This translated into my story where I thought I did a good job changing the story to what I thought would be a good story. The entire theme that I keep getting from these stories is that the Gods interactions with the mortals causes a lot of issues on Earth and on Mount Olympus. I am really looking forward to reading the other portion of Homer’s epic called Homer’s Odysseus. I feel that it will be similar writing and I am excited to read about the dangerous cyclops!

In my other courses, things have started to pick up quite a bit. My Capstone course involves having presentations every week so I am constantly working on the PowerPoints and work. In connection with this class, I have felt that my writing in my Government class has really improved. I am able to think more creatively in describing my opinions. I am looking forward to finishing that course early though so I can focus on my courses in Petroleum Engineering.

In regards to outside of the class, I am really excited because it is my nieces 1 year birthday this weekend so I am going home. We are having an awesome German dinner full of schnitzel, cabbage, and spatzle to celebrate her birthday. It will be good to see my family and celebrate my wonderful niece’s birthday! Also, I started a new Netflix show called Longmire. It is a great show that is filmed in the beautiful mountains of Wyoming. I definitely recommend it!

Image may contain: 2 people, indoor
My niece Milena and I
Next week I am looking forward to working on my project and story in this course. I really enjoy using my creativeness in order to develop stories. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Trevor, I noticed this post because of the incredibly cute picture of your niece... and then I saw you started watching Longmire. We bingewatched that over the past month: I thought it was fantastic!!! Now I think I am going to have to read all the Longmire books (they are based on a book series) since I have run out of TV to watch. Enjoy... and enjoy your niece's birthday!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete