Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Reading Options



First,  I am interested in weeks 2-3 due to the ability to read Homer's Iliad and Odyssey. I feel the stories will be full of adventure and I want to know what happens. I have always been curious and wanted to read these epics so I am choosing these. I hope they are great stories!
Image result for odysseus
Wikiwand: (Odysseus and the Cyclops)
I am also looking forward to reading about Native American units in weeks 9-10. I feel that it will be extremely interesting to learn more about a culture that I simply do not know a lot about. I read a little of the Cherokee unit and enjoyed reading it. I am sure when it comes to choosing the unit I will do more research into what unit I want to read. 


Finally, I feel that I would enjoy reading the units for weeks 11-12. I want to read  Robin Hood due to the way it is written. I read the first ballad and was able to understand the content while enjoying reading it. Additionally, I am leaning towards reading Beowulf. I have read this story before, however, it was Sophomore year of high school. I really enjoyed it the first time I read it and am curious on how I would interpret the story now.


No comments:

Post a Comment