Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Feedback Thoughts



My favorite article that I read was Using Harsh Feedback to Fuel Your Career. I felt that this is crucial for anyone to be successful because it allows for people to understand their weakness. The ability to recognize your weakness and locate someone that understands the material better is one of the strongest characteristics a person can have. To go along with accepting criticism, I enjoyed reading 5 Tips for Taking Feedback Like a Champ. My favorite point that the author makes is that having areas to grow means you have not reached your max potential. This is an interesting way to look at a negative because it can give you motivation to really work on aspects of your skills that may be lacking.

In terms of giving feedback, my favorite article was Key Characteristics of Better Learning Feedback. I really liked the portion of the article that discussed being transparent with your critiques. I feel sometimes people try and not be harsh and develop real criticism due to the fear of hurting somebody. As long as you are constructive in your criticism, I feel that it is best to be clear with what your opinion is.  Furthermore, having criticism that has actual tangible results will allow somebody to be motivated in fixing their critiques. The second article that I liked focusing on giving feedback was Try Feedforward Instead of Feedback. I really liked point number 1 that discusses only focusing on the future and not the past. I feel this will allow the reader to stay more positive in knowing that they can change what is wrong instead of knowing their past work is wrong. It allows someone to understand and work to the solution instead of dwelling on their mistakes. 

Image result for giving positive feedback
Positive Feedback

No comments:

Post a Comment