Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Storybook Favorites

The first storybook that I found to be interesting was The Legend of “Calico” Jack Rackham by Will Robson. I mainly chose this story based off the image depicting two ships battling. The introduction really intrigued me because I felt as if I was in the tavern and discussing the life of a famous pirate. The hook at the end of the introduction forced me to read the rest of the storybook, therefore, I felt that if I wrote a storybook that would be something I would need. Also, the ending of the storybook was excellent. The description as the pirate walked out of the tavern, along with the hint that the man was indeed Jack Rackham was great. I found this to be my favorite storybook I read. 






The Legend of "Calico" Jack Rackham by Will Robson

The second storybook that I clicked on was by Morgan Smith and was called Tracking the Werewolf. I found the title to be very intriguing and I felt that it was something that would interest me. I was not wrong. The dialogue was excellent throughout and the introduction was very detailed. The diction allowed me to place myself in either the dimly lit study of John Abbott or the gloomy Backwood-Inn. Furthermore, I liked how the story is written as almost a journal article of John Abbott’s. This allowed the reader in the end to judge whether or not they believed these werewolf tracking stories or not. I enjoy times where the author allows the reader to decide if something truly occurred or not due to the first person perspective. Also, the images chosen allowed me to depict the 1800’s and what John Abbott encountered during his journey.  
Tracking the Werewolf by Morgan Smith

The third storybook that grabbed my attention was Tragically Ever After. I thought the title was extremely inviting due to the play on the commonly known phrase Happily Ever After. The first thing the reader sees on the storybook is a gloomy image that really depicts what the rest of the stories are about. I have never really thought about what happened to the Disney characters once they stories have finished, but if I had it definitely would have been full of happiness. This storybook is completely opposite from the common story and the author did a very good job. The diction chosen really depicted the grief these Disney princesses were facing after these “fairy tales”. Overall, the stories were very well written and the layout was very clean and easy to navigate.


Tragically Ever After

No comments:

Post a Comment