Sunday, March 5, 2017

Wikipedia Trail: From Sir Lancelot to the Holy Grail



I started this week’s Wikipedia Trail on Sir Lancelot from the Twitter page. He is a fictionally character that is one of the best swordsman and jousters during the time period. He is a part of the Knights ofthe Round Table so I ended up clicking on that next. I found out that this is a table that indicates equality among the men associated with King Arthur’s court. It was first developed by Wace all the way back in 1155. I actually ended up going to King Arthur’s page next. His existence is actually up to debate which I find very strange. However, he was actually one of the close companions to Lancelot and they were first put together when Chretien de Troyes introduced the Holy Grail. Therefore, I clicked on the Holy Grail next. The finding of the Holy Grail gives the discoverer eternal happiness and life. The Holy Grail is a commonly written about item because of its uniqueness. 
King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table.jpg
Wikipedia: Knights of the Round Table

No comments:

Post a Comment